The fall and winter months are the peak season for colds and flu. However, there are things you can do to protect yourself and stay healthy. Here are 6 tips:
- Wash your hands often. This is the best way to prevent the spread of germs.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you can, stay home from work or school if you are sick.
- Get enough sleep. When you’re well-rested, your body is better able to fight off infection.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating healthy foods gives your body the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise helps to boost your immune system.
- Manage stress. Stress can weaken your immune system, so find healthy ways to manage stress, such as yoga, meditation, or spending time in nature.